Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Programming Spotlight: Knitting It Together!







On Monday, February 11th, School Outreach Librarian Leigh Hurwitz brought a little bit of the Brooklyn Public Library to Passages Academy's Belmont site through a knitting program for our placement girls groups.  Leigh described all that BPL has to offer including programs for teens.   They distributed needles and yarn for the girls to keep and instructed them in the craft of knitting.

Said one student participant (T., age 17) who had just received a new library card from Leigh: “I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t go to the library before on the outside.  But now I’m gonna go to keep myself from getting in trouble. Honestly, I like to read.”

Thank you to Leigh and BPL for initiating the program, and to LIT for the funding to ensure all participants left with knitting needles and yarn!--Jessica Fenster-Sparber

1 comment:

Unknown said...

“I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t go to the library before on the outside. But now I’m gonna go to keep myself from getting in trouble. Honestly, I like to read.” (T., age 17)

THIS is exactly what I live to hear someday.