Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Interview Spotlight: Principal Terrell


Welcome back!  I hope you had a wonderful summer.  I’m excited to start the new year and this new year has brought a new principal at Passages.  Ms. Terrell joined us last week and graciously took a few moments out of her extraordinarily busy schedule to give us a short interview so that we could introduce her to you.  Without further ado, please meet Ms. Avis Terrell.  


JFS:  Can you tell us a little bit about what you were doing before taking the helm at Passages?*


AT: Before Passages, I was the principal of an all boys school, Urban Assembly Academy of History and Citizenship for Young men (UAAHC), located inside the Taft Campus.


JFS: What is your favorite kind of text to read?  Where is your favorite place to read?


AT:   My favorite kind of text is fiction, books that create complex, real characters. My favorite place to read is in the bathroom (lol). Sometimes it is the only place that I can get some peace.


JFS: What was your favorite book as a teenager?


AT:  My favorite book as a teenager…..there were so many! A Catcher in the Rye, Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison and anything by Toni Morrison but my all time favorite is Song of Solomon.


JFS:  What do you like to do for fun when you're not reading?


AT:  When I’m not reading, I like to watch sports (except golf) and spend time with my children.


*Please note that the questions were shamelessly borrowed from my colleague, Regan Schwartz.

No comments: