Monday, September 5, 2011

Spotlight Interview: Claudio Leon


Welcome back! September 6th kicks off a new school year for us at Passages and we have two library team members we'd like you to meet if you don't know them already. First up is Claudio Leon, who first joined our team in early 2008.

JFS: Can you tell our readers a little bit about your background and what you've been up to?

CL: I was born in Dominican Republic, migrated to the United States when I was 10 and found my love for everything digital at around the same time. Later on, in high school, I discovered my passion for reading and writing. I was in the service for 4 years, and had been employed by the Department of Records as an Assistant Systems Administrator. These days you can find me working on a few small independent projects as well as providing technology services for those who need it. Currently, I am finishing my undergrad in Computer Information Systems Technology, yes it is a mouthful.

JFS:
What is your favorite thing to read and your favorite place to read?

CL: Favorite thing to read will have to be anything science fiction, especially graphic novels, just love them. I have two favorite reading places, the subway and my bedroom before going to bed.

JFS: What was your favorite book when you were a teenager?

CL: Favorite book... tough choice but it would have to be The Three Musketeers, "One for all and all for one!"

JFS: What do you like to do for fun when you're not reading?

CL:
I normally like to catch up on technology trends in my spare time, but that involves reading, so video games would be my second favorite hobby.

No comments: